Sunday, July 18, 2010

Flower Push Pin Video Tutorials & Cork Board Pic Tutorial!!!

This is so exciting! These are my very first video tutorials!! Yes, I had to make my own camera stand but I think it worked out okay. lol The tutorials are on how to make the flower push pins. You can make all different kinds. These are just the ones that I came up with. 

1) Rosebud Push Pin

2) Ruffle / Frilly Flower Push Pin

3) Tulle Singed Flower Push Pin

4) Dainty Flower Push Pin
Part of this flower I got from Rhonna Designs. Check out her blog for more info on making these gorgeous fabric flowers

5) Black & White Flower Push Pin
Saved my favorite for last...hehe!! =)
 If you have any questions about any of the flowers or want to let me know what I can do to better my video tutorials then leave me a comment. Feedback is greatly appreciated. =)

Cork Board Tutorial

I used Krylon Interior-Exterior Ultra-Flat Black spray paint.
I sprayed them outside on a drop cloth. I also spray painted the back edges as well. It dried fairly quickly too which was nice and had great coverage!

Once dry, I used Mod Podge Gloss and coated all of the edges. You want to try and do very even strokes when using Mod Podge because it can leave streaks. 

Mod Podge has dried. I had to eye the cork board while tracing the lines. The inside of the tray was very intricate. It definitely wasn't perfect but it works. An ideal Frame would be one with square or circle interior. It's much easier to cut your cork to fit.

I attached my  hard wear with hot glue...of course lol.


Glue in your cork. I used 3 layers of cork because I accidentally bought the wrong thickness. Oh well, you live, you learn! =)

Adorn your new custom made push pin flowers!! 

Thanks for checking all of these out. I know it was a long one. I hope you made it through and most of all I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Have a great day! =)


7 comments:

  1. You did a great job and thanks for all the videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frame of the cork board. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks AWESOME!!! Thanks for the tutorial! I found you on Mod Podge's Fbook post! :) I'm a follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You are all so sweet! I really appreciate all of your comments! You ladies have made my day!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the flowers are awesome, I will definitely be trying them. Your first tutorial videos were very good, you filled the time nicely (no awkward silences........). There were a few moments where your hands were in the way of showing what you were doing, but everything went slowly enough that it was easy to figure it all out. Keep it up! Your name plaques are great, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Deb for the feedback! I really appreciate it. I had a feeling that my hands were going to get in the way. I need to figure out a better tri-pod for my camera lol. Thanks again though and have fun making some flowers!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and stopping by my blog! It is so nice to read what you think!! Have a great day! =)